*Compared to an untreated wound
Wound Healing Ointment
Elastoaplast Wound Healing Ointment
An ointment to support and speed up the natural healing of minor superficial wounds like cuts, abrasions and scratches as well as first and smaller second degree burns. Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used at any stage of the healing process on superficial open wounds and damaged skin. A moist healing environment has been clinically proven to aid and speed up the natural wound healing process. Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment creates a breathable film that protects the wound from external influences while preventing the wound from drying out. This is clinically proven to promote faster wound healing and reduce the risk of scarring.
The Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment is very skin friendly. The gentle formula is dermatologically tested* and is suitable for babies, children and sensitive skin. Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment is free of colourants, fragrances and animal-derived substances (vegan). The ointment can be combined with Elastoplast standard plasters, such as Fabric, Elastic Fabric Roll, Antibacterial and Heavy Fabric, as well as kids plasters.
*Skin tolerability dermatologically tested.
Wound Healing Ointment
1. How does Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment work?Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment supports the healing of minor superficial wounds such as cuts, abrasions, scratches, first degree and smaller second degree burns by building a breathable protective film that prevents the wound from drying out. This creates optimal moist wound healing conditions, which promotes the natural healing process of the skin and can reduce the risk of scarring.
2. Does Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment contain animal-derived substances?No. Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment is free of fragrances, colourants, preservatives and animal derived substances - it is vegan.
3. How should I use Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment?Carefully apply a thin film of Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment one to two times per day. For hygiene reasons, make sure the opening of the tube does not get in contact with your wound or other surfaces. Repeat regularly until healing of the wound is complete. Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment can be used during any stage of the healing process. If necessary, cover the wound with a Elastoplast plaster, dressing or compress. Change plasters, dressings or compresses daily unless recommended otherwise by your doctor.
4. Can the healing ointment be used in combination with plasters containing Silver?Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment is not intended to be used together with products containing active ingredients i.e. Elastoplast Antibacterial Plasters. Creams and ointments can create a layer between the wound pad and the wound, acting as a barrier that hinders the silver ions to migrate into the wound. This might influence the efficacy of the product.
5. Can I use the Elastoplast Wound Spray before applying the Wound Healing Ointment?Yes. Elastoplast Wound Spray is suitable for use before the application of Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment. For more information about Elastoplast Wound Spray, see the product page here.
6. What should I do if my wound shows signs of infection?If wounds are large with heavy exudate or signs of infection, a doctor should always be consulted. This is also the case if redness, swelling or pain develops at the wound area, the condition gets worse or the wound healing process does not start within a few days. If there’s any doubt, see a doctor.
7. How long can the Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment be stored after opening?You can use the Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment for up to 6 months after opening.
8. Can the Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment be use on babies and children?
Yes. The Elastoplast Wound Healing Ointment is suitable for use on babies and children.
For detailed application advice please see patient information leaflet.